Unorthodox

Unorthodox

Wednesday 25 June 2014

Product Review - MyProtein Protein Soup

Hey Guys,

Today I'm back talking about ready meals!

I know that I have made my opinion on healthy ready meals clear (they suck), but I'm still open to the idea that someone will bring out good, tasty portable meals with great nutrition that will help me out when travelling.

With that in mind today I am reviewing Myproteins Protein Soup.


Soup is one of my favourite comfort foods so I was actually was really looking forward to trying this. I went for the Green Thai flavour which had a nutrition breakdown that looked like this,

PER 50g SACHET:
Energy (kJ/kcal): 806/191
Fat: 1.9g
of which saturates: 1.6g
Carbohydrates: 5.6g
of which sugars: 2.3g
Protein: 22.3g
Salt: 0.2g

PER 100g:
Energy (kJ/kcal): 1611/381
Fat: 3.8g
of which saturates: 3.1g
Carbohydrates: 11.1g
of which sugars: 4.5g
Protein: 44.6g
Salt: 0.4g

Not to bad at all! 22g of protein per meal, low fat with only 1.9g and relatively low carbs. This looks promising! Ok, so what is in them?

Protein Blend (Soy Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate*, Skim Milk Powder*, Whey Protein Isolate*), Maltodextrin, Flavouring (Coconut Milk Solids, (contains sodium caseinate), Salt, Lime Juice Powder, Green Bean Powder, Garlic Powder, Sugar, Onion Powder, Spices, Yeast Extract, Jalapeno Pepper Powder), Xanthan Gum. *From milk

Again not to bad! A good mix of proteins and a few flavourings (as expected) no real hidden nasties to kill you by the third bowl...

Ok so what does it taste like?

It's terrible.

Seriously I couldn't even finish the bowl. I gave the rest away to friends and training partners and everyone cursed me for it. It takes far to long to mix and then when it does it just tastes of powder with a sour after taste. Even after I poured it out a strange gunk was left in the bowl.

MyProtein are really coming up with some great ideas recently and I seriously think that they are on the urge of coming out with something that is spot on.

However this isn't it. Avoid this one.

Stay Healthy,

Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment